Blog #3- Calligram Project

The Calligram project was a project that I was really excited for because I was able to talk about an issue that is important to me. I chose to focus on the destruction of certain ecosystems because it is something that I am very passionate about. I started the research and found the concept of Calligrams interesting, however I did not complete my calligram sketches on time, so I was already setback a little bit. We started out by researching Guillaume Apollinaire, who essentially created the concept of calligrams. I found him very fascinating and his art style even more interesting.




-A starting image that I chose that portrayed the idea that I wanted to convey. I wanted to convey then destruction of our ecosystem.
-I chose in the end to something a little more fun and light because I felt as if doing the turtle or penguin was too much. There were a lot of little details that I felt like I could not properly do or accurately portray in a calligram. I choose to do a fish. I had a lot of fun doing this project, it was definitely more fun than the HTML project. 
I started by choosing a picture of a goldfish, because I thought it was cute and it would be good for someone who has never used Illustrator before.
This is what the final product looked like. Overall I felt like I could have added a little bit more detail, but I was really proud of myself, because this was the first time that I had ever done something like this. 

Comments

Popular Posts