Blog Post #6-The Restoration Project

The restoration project was easily one of the projects that I was most excited for. I love old photos and it is equally as interesting, it really like the concept of restoring old photos. I think the time and effort put into restoring photos is well worth seeing the end result of seeing the retouched photo.
- The first thing that we started with in this project was learning the hot keys and working on example photos that were provided to us.


This is what it looked like before the restoration. My biggest challenge was the giant tear across the face of the mother. I was not entirely successful with that tear, I messed up with the mother's nose and mouth.  Another challenge that I faced was the giant line that was in the middle of the picture and there was a weird pixelation thing by the baby's nose, which did not blend out the way that I wanted it to, besides spending a lot of time and effort spent.

This is what the after looked like. I was not happy with the mother's face but other than that I was proud of myself because I have never really worked with photoshop before in this way.

Comments

Popular Posts